Thoughts

Monday, January 31, 2011

sitting in the quiet...

so I am sitting in my Abnormal Psych class - well in the classroom rather - it is early and I have another 40 mins until class begins.

I have been single 8 whole days, and you know what - I still don't regret my decision. Maybe it was the long distance relationship we found ourselves in toward the end - but it has made it easier to get on with my life and the living I have to do.

Thursday night friends came over for martinis, wine and movies - Friday - I had dinner with two friends from school - Saturday I had a long time friend's birthday party at a swanky NYC location, I had a great time, danced the night away and it was fantastic - and Sunday - I had brunch with old high school buddies. I am blessed that I have such great friends who when I needed them most were there for me. Coming out in droves to make sure I am doing ok - and the truth is I am. I am not saying it doesn't sting  - or that I am completely inhuman or immune to post-breakup blues - it was a six year committed relationship after all - but I am feeling hopeful for Spring. I am feeling ready to take on whatever life throws at me.

Even when it gets bleak - it is going to be ok. I am going to be ok. I am going to get through this with myself intact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment