Thoughts

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How I Spent My Wednesday...

Summer is in full swing in New York City and like many Manhattanites I have sought refuge from the oppressive heat and humidity- finding solace in my air conditioned apartment, naps with Maverick cat, library books, HBO Go and afternoon luncheon outings with friends (wherein you travel from the air conditioned subway car to the air conditioned restaurant and back)!

If you too are feeling the heat I have decided to offer up some of the day's entertainments:

I am about midway through and I am absolutely absorbed in this book - I was even brave enough to attempt to keep reading while on a rush hour 1 train! Once I am finished I will give a proper review.


I met up with my friend S at Bryant Park this afternoon and took a short walk over to Ruby Foo's - it is definitely a typical tourist place, but I did actually enjoy my Pad Thai!


Oh HBOGo, you are a marvelous invention - I have crushed the first season in an afternoon - and now I have the books on my library queue :) If you enjoy medieval themed shows/movies or were a LOTR fan you will definitely enjoy it!

Hope you are all staying cool. I have plans this weekend to finally picnic/tan in Central Park and a bunch of friends are thinking about attending a few of the movie in the park nights at Bryant Park - so many more summer oriented posts are on the way!







No comments:

Post a Comment