So, even though this post is being written close to 1am on a Saturday evening, I unfortunately cannot say that I was out frolicking in the greatness of the city tonight.
Today was a quiet day. I spent most of it doing homework- chapter outlines for psych, neuro and homeworks for stats. I enjoyed bumming about actually, staying in jammies and just enjoying the slow pace of the day. Every once and a while I think it is really important to take days like these for yourself, especially when the city itself can wear you out on the day to day. This week is shaping up to be quite a busy one for me. In addition to delving deeper into the lab and responsibilities of my Research Assistant position, this is the week before midterms hit, I have a paper and stats work due and I turn 24 years old on Thursday.
Admittedly, I was a bit sad about mid-afternoon today. This will be my first birthday in six years that I am away from Philly and have no idea how I am going to celebrate - if at all.
I watched Murder by Death today. Truman Capote stars in it, if you didn't know. It is a great "vintage" film with an all star cast, Maggie Smith (another idol),Peter Faulk, Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness - the list continues, and has been a favorite since childhood. I put it on to lighten my somber mood and it worked incredibly well - well, that and talking to my mom on the phone, in tandem, they calmed me right down.
Tomorrow Mom and Dad are coming out for a visit. Taking me grocery shopping and such. Dar is heading up to NYC tomorrow and I am meeting Alex for coffee around 5. Life is good. I have family and friends and I have to learn how to calm down.
It will be nice to receive some early birthday money from Mom and Dad, I got my birthday card from Anthropologie with my discount and I have been waiting patiently to use it before my birthday - hopefully to find something cute to wear on my birthday on Thursday - I may have class - but I want to look cute! :)
I guess that this is all the update I have today. I am sure tomorrow there will be much more to say.
**also, I have thought about adding in some fashions to this blog, eateries and the like - I am happy it isn't a themed blog though - it gives me more freedom to incorporate an amalgam of really interesting fun things!
Today was a quiet day. I spent most of it doing homework- chapter outlines for psych, neuro and homeworks for stats. I enjoyed bumming about actually, staying in jammies and just enjoying the slow pace of the day. Every once and a while I think it is really important to take days like these for yourself, especially when the city itself can wear you out on the day to day. This week is shaping up to be quite a busy one for me. In addition to delving deeper into the lab and responsibilities of my Research Assistant position, this is the week before midterms hit, I have a paper and stats work due and I turn 24 years old on Thursday.
Admittedly, I was a bit sad about mid-afternoon today. This will be my first birthday in six years that I am away from Philly and have no idea how I am going to celebrate - if at all.
I watched Murder by Death today. Truman Capote stars in it, if you didn't know. It is a great "vintage" film with an all star cast, Maggie Smith (another idol),Peter Faulk, Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness - the list continues, and has been a favorite since childhood. I put it on to lighten my somber mood and it worked incredibly well - well, that and talking to my mom on the phone, in tandem, they calmed me right down.
Tomorrow Mom and Dad are coming out for a visit. Taking me grocery shopping and such. Dar is heading up to NYC tomorrow and I am meeting Alex for coffee around 5. Life is good. I have family and friends and I have to learn how to calm down.
It will be nice to receive some early birthday money from Mom and Dad, I got my birthday card from Anthropologie with my discount and I have been waiting patiently to use it before my birthday - hopefully to find something cute to wear on my birthday on Thursday - I may have class - but I want to look cute! :)
I guess that this is all the update I have today. I am sure tomorrow there will be much more to say.
**also, I have thought about adding in some fashions to this blog, eateries and the like - I am happy it isn't a themed blog though - it gives me more freedom to incorporate an amalgam of really interesting fun things!
No comments:
Post a Comment