Thoughts

Thursday, October 7, 2010

more than a feeling...

So, I made it through midterms - cue wild clapping and cheering - for now. I have quite a few more coming up in the next two weeks - but the first wave has been conquered. 


I have started scheduling real live participants in the lab - I start on Monday the 11th :) I am excited I can begin gathering data and doing something worth earning that letter of recommendation from Bryan! Aside from the lab, the library, class and home, I haven't done much worth blogging. 


Last night however, I met one of my favorite Brooklyn girls at Cafe Lalo for coffee and cheesecake - it was an amazing time, and definitely a great way to enjoy my first evening study free. For those unaware - Cafe Lalo on 83rd off Broadway - is the cafe featured in You've Got Mail - a common favorite movie of ours - so it was the perfect locale for a great meet up - if you are in the city I would definitely recommend it - great sweets, cute decor and a decidedly European feel.


This morning I was sitting in my judgment and decision making class, when I got an email from Power Balladz off Broadway - I scored 4 free tickets to the Oct 21st showing! So I asked Dar if he would like to come up and texted Mom and Dad the information :) I am looking forward to doing something fun and perhaps even more satisfying - free! I will definitely make a point of giving an over all impression and review of it here. From what I can tell from their website and facebook fan page I think we are all really going to enjoy it.


Here are some of the songs from the show: If anything I am sure I will be singing along in the crowd!

Bela Lugosi - striking his rock star pose!


No comments:

Post a Comment