Thoughts

Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year, New Adventures!

      So, I will be ringing in the New Year shortly. Tomorrow at 7pm to be exact with a great friend of mine Salome from Columbia and less than a week later the boy and I will be heading to Philadelphia for a wedding and week long get away. I am very much excited!


     Apparently (Salome has attested to the validity!) there is a Georgian tradition of getting under a table at 5 minutes to midnight on New Year's Eve in order to seal your romantic fate for the upcoming year. I am getting under that table ladies and gentlemen - I am going big in 2011 and I have a feeling this is going to be my year. New city, new life, new direction, and best of all nearly limitless possibilities before me. 


   It is time to properly acquaint myself with New York. It is time to shed the last trappings of Philly girl from my skin and embrace my new home. Regardless of snow covered roads and definitely in spite of classes and my research assistantship that will be beginning at a great research hospital in a few weeks. In my own way I am going to conquer my manhattan!


   This year I am grabbing the reins. I am exploring, pushing my boundaries and I am going to rejoice in the pleasures of being young, beautiful and alive in every aspect of my being. I am no longer going to wallflower. I am going to become and hopefully this blog will serve as my outlet for whatever adventures/creative energies/beauty experiments and romantic notions I need to spill forth into black and white. 


__________________________________________________________________________________


My Resolutions for 2011 (so far...):



1. Join a Gym, yay endorphins!




2. Photo Document my life a bit better than I have been - this includes photos of friends, campus, outings and Maverick - life needs to be captured and embraced!
                                                                               


3. Make a point of having one adventure a week - and come spring take advantage of the free events the city hosts.



4. Make something creative at least once a month  - and post the experience through words and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment