Thoughts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

yankee with southern roots...

I will do a Harry Potter post later tonight - but this summer heat has me thinking of my Great-Gram a true Southern Belle and all the delicious recipes she makes with ease. After doing a full clean on my apartment I have the strongest craving for her Sun Tea - sometimes called Sweet Tea - and wish I didn't live in an apartment so that I could make some of my own. For those of you more fortunate than I - please brew a batch and enjoy - I know I am going to have to wait until I get back home until I can enjoy a nice cold batch!



Sun Tea Recipe


Make it by the gallon. Use 6 tea bags of strong black variety (depending upon your personal taste). Fill with good clean and sweet water. Place in the sun and allow to steep for at least 5 hours. Pour a cup of boiling water over about 3 tablespoons of honey and stir until melted. Add to the tea and leave another half an hour. Then cool and pour over ice for a truly refreshing drink!
Serve with a slice of lemon, sprigs of mint and for festive occasions - cocktail umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment