It has been awhile, but I am back. I didn't want to close out this year with a neglected blog. Especially one in which I took such solace and enjoyment. So here we stand on the cusp of 2012. It has been a very challenging year for me both in my personal and professional life. I have been dealt difficult cards and tried my best to play them with finesse.
I am finally at a point though where everything is starting to come together. Everything is starting to make sense and take shape again and for that I am grateful.
So here is my year... in review.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. Though perhaps there will be some new lil ones in 2012.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year thankfully.
5. What places did you visit?
Colorado and Philadelphia.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I haven't been taking care of myself physically lately and have slipped into unhealthy eating and poor sleep patterns - but those are my challenges for next year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds here and there, aggrivated discs in my neck and upper back from a car accident that was thankfully minor.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmm I would have to say my new ski jacket and my funky Jeffrey Campbell shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends and family have been incredibly supportive and loving - without them, I doubt I would have made it through my year as well as I did.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well the beginning of my year did start with a breakup- but overall, peoples' kindness has been abundant and I haven't had much need to feel blue.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving, Student Loans, NYC Transportation... ugh
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having the ability to visit a new state, being a single girl in NYC a'la SATC, Ladurée macarons
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Explored NYC a bit more indepth, found more time for myself and the gym, travelled.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working, all nighters with neuro books, worrying.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
When you stop looking for it - it finds you - and yes.
22. How many one-night stands?
Hmm three- but it was all part of the healing process haha
25. What was the best book you read?
Two come to mind instantly - The Help and Water for Elephants
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm I feel like this year was rediscovery when it came to music - I broke out old Acapela cds from college groups, Snow Patrol, Muse, Guster...
I am finally at a point though where everything is starting to come together. Everything is starting to make sense and take shape again and for that I am grateful.
So here is my year... in review.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I ended my six year relationship - actually shortly before beginning this blog. It wasn't always easy, but I managed to rebuild myself and figure out what it is that I actually want in a partner and in my life. I also wrapped up my year long post-bac at CU in a brand new field that I am passionate about and have been doing increasingly well in. I moved from PA to NYC to NY and each move has helped me put into perspective how much "stuff" a person needs. This upcoming year will be all about downsizing. I need to let go of some of my baggage.
I ended my six year relationship - actually shortly before beginning this blog. It wasn't always easy, but I managed to rebuild myself and figure out what it is that I actually want in a partner and in my life. I also wrapped up my year long post-bac at CU in a brand new field that I am passionate about and have been doing increasingly well in. I moved from PA to NYC to NY and each move has helped me put into perspective how much "stuff" a person needs. This upcoming year will be all about downsizing. I need to let go of some of my baggage.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
Last year my resolutions were to be emotionally strong, have more adventures and relearn how to be alone. I feel that I have succeeded in each one of these areas. I am now in a great relationship with someone who really cares for me - but I know I am still ok on my own and that is important to me. I have had more NYC adventures than I can count and I have made some amazing friends along the way.
Last year my resolutions were to be emotionally strong, have more adventures and relearn how to be alone. I feel that I have succeeded in each one of these areas. I am now in a great relationship with someone who really cares for me - but I know I am still ok on my own and that is important to me. I have had more NYC adventures than I can count and I have made some amazing friends along the way.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No. Though perhaps there will be some new lil ones in 2012.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year thankfully.
5. What places did you visit?
Colorado and Philadelphia.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Last year it was peace of mind, a research position and a healthy relationship. I have accomplished all of those. This year will be more focused on getting back into shape and starting my Masters program. I would also like to include back living in my own place and perhaps buying my first car to that list.
Last year it was peace of mind, a research position and a healthy relationship. I have accomplished all of those. This year will be more focused on getting back into shape and starting my Masters program. I would also like to include back living in my own place and perhaps buying my first car to that list.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmm, my 25th birthday was pretty memorable, the day I opened my term report and saw a 4.0. October 23rd is special too - an epic date of coffee, diner and mini golf - June 4th was also incredible when I was a bridesmaid at a best friend's wedding.
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Finishing strong at CU, landing a job in two weeks and creating the sixth session of a pilot study for my lab director.
Finishing strong at CU, landing a job in two weeks and creating the sixth session of a pilot study for my lab director.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I haven't been taking care of myself physically lately and have slipped into unhealthy eating and poor sleep patterns - but those are my challenges for next year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A few colds here and there, aggrivated discs in my neck and upper back from a car accident that was thankfully minor.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
hmm I would have to say my new ski jacket and my funky Jeffrey Campbell shoes.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends and family have been incredibly supportive and loving - without them, I doubt I would have made it through my year as well as I did.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well the beginning of my year did start with a breakup- but overall, peoples' kindness has been abundant and I haven't had much need to feel blue.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Moving, Student Loans, NYC Transportation... ugh
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having the ability to visit a new state, being a single girl in NYC a'la SATC, Ladurée macarons
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Called Out in the Dark - Snow Patrol
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? A lil chubbier
c) richer or poorer? I have steady income - but its NYC and I am going back into Academia...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Explored NYC a bit more indepth, found more time for myself and the gym, travelled.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working, all nighters with neuro books, worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Most likely at Gram's house, or perhaps my Uncle's - not sure yet.
Most likely at Gram's house, or perhaps my Uncle's - not sure yet.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
When you stop looking for it - it finds you - and yes.
22. How many one-night stands?
Hmm three- but it was all part of the healing process haha
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Criminal Minds will always be a top contender, though I went through a Gossip Girl period and Mad Men obsession.
Criminal Minds will always be a top contender, though I went through a Gossip Girl period and Mad Men obsession.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope - not sippin the hateraide.
Nope - not sippin the hateraide.
25. What was the best book you read?
Two come to mind instantly - The Help and Water for Elephants
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmm I feel like this year was rediscovery when it came to music - I broke out old Acapela cds from college groups, Snow Patrol, Muse, Guster...
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to be at peace with myself. I wanted to get off a crazy rollar coaster ride of emotion. I wanted to progress and do well in school - I have achieved all of that.
28. What did you want and not get?
Not sure - everything is coming together - so I don't think I am missing out.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 - all of my friends came out to celebrate. I was surprised with two dozen of my favorite roses at work - then a hotel suite for two nights, front row tix to Cirque du Soliel - Zarkana, a trip to the MOMA, and then drinks and mini cakes at The Campbell Apartment - it was pretty epic - and I did it all in a hot pink dress and tiara. :)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Well - student wise - jeans and hoodie. Work wise - business professional.
33. What kept you sane?
Reading, friends, wine nights, sleeping in on weekends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm Joseph Gordon Levitt and Ryan Reynolds
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I prefer to stay mum.
36. Who did you miss?
I left my heart in Philadelphia (BLS and Cat)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Salome, B, Zubs and Michael.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It only seems impossible until you have to do it!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I wanted to be at peace with myself. I wanted to get off a crazy rollar coaster ride of emotion. I wanted to progress and do well in school - I have achieved all of that.
28. What did you want and not get?
Not sure - everything is coming together - so I don't think I am missing out.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter - I can't believe it is over.
Harry Potter - I can't believe it is over.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 - all of my friends came out to celebrate. I was surprised with two dozen of my favorite roses at work - then a hotel suite for two nights, front row tix to Cirque du Soliel - Zarkana, a trip to the MOMA, and then drinks and mini cakes at The Campbell Apartment - it was pretty epic - and I did it all in a hot pink dress and tiara. :)
31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Hmm - not sure - I am pretty satisfied.
Hmm - not sure - I am pretty satisfied.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Well - student wise - jeans and hoodie. Work wise - business professional.
33. What kept you sane?
Reading, friends, wine nights, sleeping in on weekends.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm Joseph Gordon Levitt and Ryan Reynolds
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I prefer to stay mum.
36. Who did you miss?
I left my heart in Philadelphia (BLS and Cat)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Salome, B, Zubs and Michael.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It only seems impossible until you have to do it!
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It's like we just can't help ourselves
'Cause we don't know how to back down
We were called out to the streets
We were called in to the towns
And how the heavens, they opened up
Like arms of dazzling gold
With our rain washed histories
Well they do not need to be told
Show me now, show me the arms aloft
Every eye trained on a different star
This magic
This drunken semaphore
And I
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time
I was called out in the dark
By a choir of beautiful cheats
And as the kids took back the parks
You and I were left with the streets
Show me now, show me the arms aloft
Every eye trained on a different star
This magic
This drunken semaphore
And I
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time
'Cause we don't know how to back down
We were called out to the streets
We were called in to the towns
And how the heavens, they opened up
Like arms of dazzling gold
With our rain washed histories
Well they do not need to be told
Show me now, show me the arms aloft
Every eye trained on a different star
This magic
This drunken semaphore
And I
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time
I was called out in the dark
By a choir of beautiful cheats
And as the kids took back the parks
You and I were left with the streets
Show me now, show me the arms aloft
Every eye trained on a different star
This magic
This drunken semaphore
And I
We are listening
And we're not blind
This is your life
This is your time

No comments:
Post a Comment