so life has been all over the place since work began - long hours - but I can truly say I love where I work and what I do.
what I don't love so much is getting home and really only having a few short hours to myself to relax before heading to bed to start the daily grind all over again.
So what is new in the world of Modern Miss Golightly:
For starters, my lease ends at the end of this month. So I will no longer be an Upper West Sider. It is the end of a great year and my little studio - converted to a one bedroom served me well. I have nothing but the best memories of this place and this little part of the city I have come to call home. But, the time has come for bigger and better things.
So in the interim I am moving back home with the 'rents (for a month or so) and then relocating to the East Side. It is time for a change, a new life, a new chapter and a new address. I have my heart set on Carnegie Hill, but I would literally entertain anything as low as Murray Hill. I must say, after looking at apartments online the other day, that the East Side has much better potential digs than the West. Hopefully that true one bedroom will be in my very near future!
Other news - fall is nearly here. I can feel it in the air and as my prior posts have proclaimed - Autumn to me is the penultimate season of growth. September is my New Years so to speak. It is the time of the year where I shed whatever baggage I have managed to accumulate and start over, just as the air takes that tinge of cool.
I am most looking forward to rocking more nerd-chic to the office, pencil skirts, my rimmed glasses, moccasins, corduroys - the very thought of my fall wardrobe has me smiling. I swear the minute the season begins to turn I get a craving to buy school supplies and watch "You've Got Mail" with my mom.
I cannot wait to see Central Park in the fall - the leaves changing, the brisk mornings. It just makes me feel more alive somehow. Autumn will always be my season, it is this magical time when almost anything feels possible.
I could use a little impossibility becoming reality - just about now. Though couldn't we all.
<3 MMG
what I don't love so much is getting home and really only having a few short hours to myself to relax before heading to bed to start the daily grind all over again.
So what is new in the world of Modern Miss Golightly:
For starters, my lease ends at the end of this month. So I will no longer be an Upper West Sider. It is the end of a great year and my little studio - converted to a one bedroom served me well. I have nothing but the best memories of this place and this little part of the city I have come to call home. But, the time has come for bigger and better things.
So in the interim I am moving back home with the 'rents (for a month or so) and then relocating to the East Side. It is time for a change, a new life, a new chapter and a new address. I have my heart set on Carnegie Hill, but I would literally entertain anything as low as Murray Hill. I must say, after looking at apartments online the other day, that the East Side has much better potential digs than the West. Hopefully that true one bedroom will be in my very near future!
Other news - fall is nearly here. I can feel it in the air and as my prior posts have proclaimed - Autumn to me is the penultimate season of growth. September is my New Years so to speak. It is the time of the year where I shed whatever baggage I have managed to accumulate and start over, just as the air takes that tinge of cool.
I am most looking forward to rocking more nerd-chic to the office, pencil skirts, my rimmed glasses, moccasins, corduroys - the very thought of my fall wardrobe has me smiling. I swear the minute the season begins to turn I get a craving to buy school supplies and watch "You've Got Mail" with my mom.
I cannot wait to see Central Park in the fall - the leaves changing, the brisk mornings. It just makes me feel more alive somehow. Autumn will always be my season, it is this magical time when almost anything feels possible.
I could use a little impossibility becoming reality - just about now. Though couldn't we all.
<3 MMG
No comments:
Post a Comment