As I said to my friend Steve (who was kind enough to accompany me on this trip around the UES) - I am living every kid under 10's dream: burgers, candy shop and toy store!
We met and had lunch at Brgr (amazingly good btw), then we meandered around Madison and 5th Avenues respectively, stopping in at Dylan's Candy Bar (where I could look but not touch) and FAO Schwartz (where playing is acceptable!) :D all in all a great day with blue skies, sunshine and a skirt!
Other Images from my walk around:
We met and had lunch at Brgr (amazingly good btw), then we meandered around Madison and 5th Avenues respectively, stopping in at Dylan's Candy Bar (where I could look but not touch) and FAO Schwartz (where playing is acceptable!) :D all in all a great day with blue skies, sunshine and a skirt!
BRGR was delicious - and not badly priced for a private burger chain in Manhattan.
I had the Rainforest Burger (beef patty, gruyere, avocado, herb mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato) and it was divine - I will definitely be coming back for seconds!
Dylan's gave me a sweet tooth the moment I stepped inside - every inch of the store was head to toe candy - as a lifetime Gummi Bear lover - seeing the colorful candies the size of my head was slightly unsettling. Highlights (a chocolate boyfriend in a box, amazing fudge combinations I had never heard of before, and the retro wall of throw back candies and european made brands)
I love that there are always wooden soldiers at the entrance :)
I feel badly saying this - but the nursery in FAO Schwarz is down right creepy! They have the women who work there dress like "nurses" and then have the children fill out birth certificates before purchase of their "babies" - it is kind of stranger than Build-A-Bear lol
Ah the movie Big and the giant piano - 10x more fun to see it played in real life!
_________________________________________________________________________________Other Images from my walk around:
The Guggenheim
The banner for the exhibit at the Met I want to see!
Cakes and Shakes Car! :)
hehe Thor - the dork in me wants to see it :)










No comments:
Post a Comment